--On 4. April 2008 20:31:28 +0100 Garry Saddington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Friday 04 April 2008 16:38, Andreas Jung wrote:
--On 4. April 2008 16:33:48 +0100 Garry Saddington

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have tried to find information on how many Zope instances can be run
> on a  single machine but all searches have failed to be definitive. Is
> there any information on this, because I would like to have a separate
> instance for each of my customers running on a different port number
> and it  would be useful to be able to predict the number of servers I
> would need.

As you might imagine: everything depends on the resources: Ram,
diskspace, CPU. A Zope instance might take as little as 80MB Ram or up
to 2GB per process. A site might consume no CPU, a Zope-based p0rn site
might require several machines...so basically we can not give a valid
answers..everything depends on a lot of parameters and there is no Zope
formula.

Andreas
OK, so does the amount of RAM needed depend mainly on the size of the
data.fs  or is there another major component?

As said: there is no formula. Memory consumption depends on caches, third-party products, products with memory leaks.......nothing more to add.

Andreas