rishi pathak wrote:
There is a requirement for running some external methods as super user.
For this I thought of adding a new parameter.If set the code would be executed with effective uid of root. Can some one point to the code section where zope loads the ExternalMethod codes for execution.
External methods are not executed as shell scripts as you might think. They are called by the zope process and therefore running as the 'effective-user' which is configured in etc/zope.conf. Security wise it's also not recommended to do so anyway.

I'd suggest you create a cron job for the root user which does the things you want (you could do that in python as well).

Martijn Jacobs
Four Digits, Internet Solutions

a: Willemsplein 15-1 6811 KB Arnhem NL kvk: 091621370000 | btw: 8161.22.234.B01
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | web: http://www.fourdigits.nl
tel: +31 (0)26 44 22 700 | fax: +31 (0)84 22 06 117