harshad behere, on 2008-04-09:
> Dear list members,
> I am newbie/begineer in area of zope2 + i18n/L10n so please excuse me if
> this topic has already been discussed on the list, in that case can some
> one please point me to the past discussions/threads.
> After reading some basics about i18n+zope2, I have tried following -
> (zope version - Zope 2.9.7-final, python 2.4.4, win32
> and Placeless Translation Service - 1.3.7)
> Created simple page template -
> this catalog">
> Reload this catalog

I would expect either:

so that the string behind it ends up in the .pot file (and you don't
repeat yourself needlessly; also think what would happen when you
change one string but forget to change the other).

or some other unique message id.

But the above code should work.

Well, using PlacelessTranslationService as i18n:domain is strange.
You should use the name of your own product/package.

> Modified language preferences for browsers - (Mozilla Firefox
> and MS-IE 7.0.5730.11) to set German [de] as primary langage.
> When I viewed above page in firfox got the corresponing german
> translation (Diesen Katalog neu einlesen) as specified in related .po
> file.  But with MS-IE, no luck, gives same string - Reload this catalog
> So is it browser specific/dependable ?

It should not.  Do you have a way to check which browser headers are
sent by IE and firefox and if they differ in the language preference?

> Another thing I tried is adding attribute i18n:target="cs", but it seems
> to have no effect, firefox gives german translation as per language
> settings as MS-IE gives same string - Reload this catalog
> Does it means that attribute target is not supported ? Is there any
> list/documentation about supported i18n attributes ?

I have never seen that attribute.  From the top of my head, these i18n
attributes are used in zope: translate, domain, name and attributes.

> Also I was not able to find references/examples for DTML, does DTML
> supports i18n/L10n ?

No.  At least, I do not think so, and this grep in a buildout did not
return any relevant results:

grep i18n $(find . -name '*dtml')

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/