Peter Bengtsson wrote:
How can I solve this? Make one big transaction two without having to
use transaction.get().commit() which I don't think I can use in unit
tests as per Dieter's advice.

I'd suggest monkeypatching bobobase_modification_time on the objects you're testing with. You're testing your cache code, not the implementation of those objects, so replacing them with (partially) dummy objects is great for avoiding this kind of problem and is a pattern I've used frequently...

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk