rishi pathak wrote:
              We have a portal using which users use our compute resources.
              In zope we use NIS authentication for validating a user.We
have many things that requires root/logged in user privledeges.One example
is of a 'file system explorer'.In this I have used ZFSpath product.This
explorer is used by users to navigate through their home areas and select
what ever file they want.As of now I have changed some functions of ZFSpath
class which I was using so that they can be executed as the logged in
user(since zope does not have rwx permissions on other user's
directory).This is just one case.Hope I have cleared myself well.

You are playing a mind numbingly dangerous game.

Good luck to you, but I hope people on this list refrain from further helping you point that large canon at your left toe...

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk