Rudá Porto Filgueiras schrieb:
On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Florian Friesdorf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Robert,

 On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 04:04:43PM +0200, robert rottermann wrote:
 > hi yuri,
 > when setting up a zope/zeo task and everything was still a bit of a
 > challenge (at least to me) we tended to have everything in one big
 > instance that served some 20 low traffic sites.
 > since then setting up a site with all the tools it needs has become a
 > trivially easy and quick to execute task. we have converted nearly all
 > these sites to have their own instance.
 > I would not do it differently anymore ..

 Do you have or are there any comparisons for RAM usage of one zope instance
 containing multiple plone instances vs. multiple zope instances containing a
 single plone instance only?

It will be overkill. ;-)
We run all Plone sitess in same instance as possible (plone provider),
only creating one data.fs to each Plone Site and tunning cache objects
to each site needs.

you might be right,
is is an overkill when you start. just creating a new folder and a new plone site in it is *so* easy. however, every site has its own lifecycle and tends to call for extra products, adaptations, plone & product versions, you name it. every such change affects every site in a "one zope/several plone site" setup. and even if the change migth be trivial, it can have unwanted side effects for an other site.
my experience is: dont do it!