> I would like to have an easy way to develop without having to be subject > to dependencies from other envinroment, minimize the effort to mantain > it and focus on doing things :) >
Maybe not exactly what you are asking for but I recommend you play
with buildout a bit - I'm sure you'll appreciate the ease with which
you can manage independent installations in a repeatable and easily
modifiable way.

> Is one big zope installation, with multiple instances, well suited for > this tasks? Or is better different zope versions? What about the various > Data.fs, is better to have them separated by application or by zope > envinroment? I mean all the Plone in a single Data.fs or each one in a > separated Data.fs? >

Without further knowing how these sites might be related or not
this is hard to answer but often times I prefer to have separate
Zope instances (-> different ZODBs) for different Plone sites.
Even if they share substantial configuration/add-ons etc.
Again, using buildout makes it a snap to create and maintain
as many Zope instances as you want. And using a common buildout
cache they can also mostly share the basic installation.

Just my 2 cents,

        Raphael

hi yuri,

when setting up a zope/zeo task and everything was still a bit of a challenge (at least to me) we tended to have everything in one big instance that served some 20 low traffic sites. since then setting up a site with all the tools it needs has become a trivially easy and quick to execute task. we have converted nearly all these sites to have their own instance.

I would not do it differently anymore ..

robert

Thanks to all!

It seems that a separate zope instance for each plone site is the way to go. Just a question: is it a problem for performance/bottleneck/big python lock?