--On 5. Mai 2008 10:11:32 -0400 Manuel Vazquez Acosta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Andreas Jung wrote:
Then it should play nicely with Python. But keep in mind that thread
switches can also be blocked by some thread without having the GIL
locked. We've seen such situations were a thread had to perform complex
regular expression matching operations. Obviously code in Python C
extension is also able to lock up the Python interpreter until the
result is being passed back to the Python interpreter.

Another Q: Is AccessControl GIL aware? I mean, this is probably the most
used component in Zope. Maybe a performance boost is experienced if
those checks can be made simultaneously.

Better tell us what your _real_ question/problem is. I am not getting the point what you are really interested in.