Brenda Bell wrote:
> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>  Brenda Bell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  wrote:
>> What I can't seem to do is get the permissions right such that a user in
>> the Editor role can add new External Files.
>> I've checked every box on the Security tab for the Editor role.  Users
>> in the Editor role can view and modify existing ExternalFile's but still
>> cannot add new ones.

I don't know that product.  There is likely another permission, e.g.
'Add External Files', which protects the methods used to create new
instances;  that permission is likely distinct from the permissions
required to modify or delete those instances.

> I enabled VerboseSecurity and I see this in my console window when I try
> to add an ExternalFile when logged in as a user who is assigned the
> Editor role:
> 2008-05-13 13:12:55 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog
> http://localhost:8090/foo/manage_addProduct/ExternalFile/manage_addObject
> ViaGui
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 110, in publish
>   Module ZPublisher.BaseRequest, line 596, in traverse
>   Module ZPublisher.HTTPResponse, line 713, in unauthorized
> Unauthorized: <strong>You are not authorized to access this
> resource.</strong><p>
> No Authorization header found.</p>

That traceback should be from the first request, which then prompts you
to log in (e.g., via basic auth).

The next request should either succeed (if the login / password you
supply matches), or show a different traceback (e.g., invalid credentials).

> A loop in BaseRequest seems to be falling through a loop that's
> dependent on ''__allow_groups__''.

'__allow_groups__' is the name which the authentication machinery uses
to find the user folder:  it is an alias for 'acl_users', not visible in
the ZMI.

> I've tried adding a group, assigning the Editor role to the group and
> making my user a member of the group.  But I still get the same error.
> What am I missing?

- --
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)