On Friday 23 May 2008 17:09:49 Jon Emmons wrote:
> Jaroslav and everyone,
>
> I have made the changes Jaroslav suggested and I cannot get Zope to serve
> even 2 sessions simultaneously.
>
> In our testing, one client will start a query to the data servers.  Another
> will try to simply get the logon page to be served.  Zope will simply sit
> there and wait until the DB returns its results for the first user before
> doing anything at all for the second.  The 2nd user is not hitting the DB
> server.  The python script accessing the data is waiting for the results
> for the first user.  Could python be the problem?

I very much doubt it. Zope (and Python) can easily serve many concurrent
sessions.

You'll need to find out what exactly makes Zope hang and where it hangs. One
option to do this is to attach with gdb to the Python process and figure it
out from the backtrace.
http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za/Members/jean/zope-notes/debug-spinning-zope
talks about that a bit

Another option is to use the Deadlock Debugger product (I haven't used that
personally though):
http://www.zope.org/Members/nuxeo/Products/DeadlockDebugger

hth,
peter.