--On 6. Juni 2008 08:22:57 +0100 sujitha mary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

hi all,
I need to display the contents of an uploaded file when i click a

Unless the *file* is an image then there is nothing a browser can do.
Browsers can basically show only html and images and some other content-types using plugins...so the download link is the best a browser can do!

But when i click the link instead of displaying the contents i'm
getting a message to save this BIN file.wht changes should i make to
display it in my plone interface?Plz help.

Plone has some add-ons for showing _previews_ of uploaded binary content for some mimetypes like pdf. Search on plone.org -> products for terms
like "attachment" or "preview".