On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 4:54 AM, Sean Upton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I want to be able to spell out certain zope.schema.Object fields in my
> interfaces as "contained" while other fields are declared as

Are you using a source or vocabulary?  If so, this could be part of
the nature of the values returned from that.  A particular source
would provide either objects to be contained, or references (not
contained).

Another reasonable approach (IMO) would be to simply document the
containment/reference relationship in the field's description text or
in a comment alongside the field.

Still another approach, if you're looking to create software support
and the first isn't suitable, is to use fields that provide additional
interfaces that indicate the nature of the references.

 -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake at gmail.com>