Date: 10. Juni 2008 16:40:54 +0530
From: Kedar Dash <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Andreas Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Zope] Writing a file in ZMI using python script

Andreas Jung wrote:

--On 10. Juni 2008 16:28:14 +0530 Kedar Dash <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

HI All,

How can i create a file in ZMI using python script (It is working fine
with python external method). Here I want to write the output of a query
to a file in ZMI.

from Products.PythonScripts.standard import html_quote, structured_text
from Products.CMFCore.utils import getToolByName
portal_catalog = getToolByName(context, 'portal_catalog')

request = container.REQUEST
RESPONSE =  request.RESPONSE
site_title = context.portal_url.getPortalObject().Title()
site_desc = context.portal_url.getPortalObject().Description()
site_url = context.portal_url.getPortalObject().absolute_url()

query = {}
query["portal_type"]='Article'
query["sort_on"]='Date'
query["sort_order"]='reverse'
query["review_state"]='published'
query['getMycategory']=my_id #our search category

brains = portal_catalog.searchResults(**query)

I want to write the output to file and access in ZMI.

What's the sense of saving the result? Write a temple calling your
script and render the result based on the current state of your catalog.

Andreas
Thanks Andreas,

I do not want query every time and rather want to put it in a file.
Apparently this script will be called from around 100 site and will lead to
extra load on zope.

Thanks for your response.

regards,
Kedar