For a project I'm working on, I need to include the (Plone) content object that a view is called on in the view template, so if I call mysite/someObject/@@myview, I'll see the someObject page rendered with some extra bits, mostly through overridden (or additional) viewlets defined solely for the interface provided by my view.

If I include something along the lines of <tal:block tal:replace="structure context" /> in my view template, someObject renders in the browser. The problem is that none of what's in there appears to recognize the interface that my view provides.

Do I need to do some sort of context wrapping?

(I also had some success creating a page template on the fly, injecting the current content object's template code into it along with whatever else I wanted to display, but that just feels icky and runs afoul of the restriction against python:test calls in views when calling it on folders and events).

Eric