Dieter Maurer wrote:
Tres Seaver wrote at 2008-6-15 16:18 -0400:
The Catalog tab in my catalog says this:

The catalog "mycatalog" contains 30,345 record(s) in the path "/".

But when I sort and return a list of cataloged objects I only have 19,881.

Here is the script call to retrieve the records: {}, sort_index='lastname' )

Why don't the numbers match up?
Some of your objects don't have a 'lastname' attribute, and so when
sorting, they get dropped.

Ah, now that's interesting...

Should we not consider this a bug and fix it?

Yes, this has bitten me before and I have a feeling I may have already submitted it as a bug somewhere. Google is your friend...