Eric Steele wrote:
If I include something along the lines of <tal:block tal:replace="structure context" /> in my view template, someObject renders in the browser. The problem is that none of what's in there appears to recognize the interface that my view provides.

It's not at all clear what you mean here or what the problem is that you're trying to describe.

How about a concrete, minimal example?

> (I also had some success creating a page template on the fly, injecting
> the current content object's template code into it along with whatever
> else I wanted to display, but that just feels icky and runs afoul of the

"feels icky" is an understatement. How about woefully inefficient, not to mention insane? You could probably make it a bit worse by getting the template code from the request if you really tried hard ;-)