----- Original Message ----- From: "Jonathan Salazar Santos" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2008 5:17 PM
Subject: [zope] ZCatalog question

Hi everybody

I have a method that creates a Files and DTML Documents but I need to
Index those news items to a ZCatalog when they are created.

Do you know if there are some dtml calls (like manage_catalogACTION)
to call the action: Index, Reindex, Delete indexed objects with dtml
or Python Scrips.

How can I do to get indexed my new items in a zcatalog automatically?

Some help will be appreciated.

Regards,
--
Jonathan Salazar

Basic ZCatalog info can be found in the "Searching and Categorizing Content" chapter of the Zope Book (http://www.plope.com/Books/2_7Edition)

Automatic object cataloging was accomplished by creating 'ZCatalog aware' object instances - i can't remember if this is a feature of ZClasses only (stay away from ZClasses) or if you can create your own product that subclasses the 'awareness' features (google is your friend).

You can manually add/remove items using the methods "catalog_object" and "uncatalog_object" (Zope Book and google for more info).

hth

Jonathan (another one)