I'm currently using urllib2 to get an external URL from an internal
"cron like" Zope thread.
The loaded page has to manage administrative tasks before I can start
other tasks into Zope internal database ; it returns partial chunks of
data, but globally takes more than 20 minutes to run.

Problem : when loading the page via a simple Python console, I set
socket.setdefaulttimeout() and everything is OK ; but when launching the
same command from inside Zope thread, I get a socket.timeout error.

So my question : as I'd really prefer to keep this method call inside an
internal Zope thread, how can I prevent this timeout ?

Thanks for any help,

  Thierry Florac
  Chef de projet intranet/internet
  Office National des Forêts - Département Informatique
  2, Avenue de Saint-Mandé
  75570 PARIS Cedex 12
  Tél. : +33
  Fax. : +33