On 2008-08-12 20:49, Andreas Jung wrote:
> --On 12. August 2008 17:14:15 +0000 Maurits van Rees
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Andreas Jung, on 2008-08-12:
>>> Update: the hotfix although works for Zope 2.8 (tested with
>>> a running Zope instance - however the testrunner does not seem
>>> to import Hotfix though the included tests under 2.8 aren't
>>> found/executed).
>> In Zope 2.8, when I place the Hotfix in the Products dir of the
>> instance, the two tests pass when I run the tests like this:
>>   bin/zopectl test --dir=Products/Hotfix_20080812/
>> That's with: http://www.zope.org/advisories/Hotfix_20080812_0.1.tar.gz
>> I tested on Zope 2.8, 2.9, 2.10, 2.11.  All with python 2.4.  Without
>> the hotfix "raise SystemExit" crashed Zope.  I could not confirm the
>> other problem; that just gave me a LookupError.  With the hotfix in
>> the Products dir of the instance, the crash did not occur and the
>> tests passed.

The .encode() example will only trigger if the Python test suite is
installed in your Python version. Some distros move this into a
separate package, so if this is not installed, that particular
example won't work.

> Thanks for further testing. I released V 0.2 of the hotfix containing
> your fixes. The hotfix also works with Zope 2.7...this should be enough.
> If there are no objections I would like to release the hotfix officially
> at some time tomorrow.

Please add a warning to be extra careful when enabling edit/create/modify
access to PythonScripts in the ZMI.

Marc-Andre Lemburg

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Aug 13 2008)