Darryl Caldwell wrote at 2008-8-13 19:49 -0800:
>I have looked at the source of Catalog.py but am still confused about
>what parameters I need to uncatalog an object.
>Is the uid the same as the object id?

The "uid" that you must pass to "uncatalog_object" is the same
one that has been passed to "catalog_object".

>That which is returned from

> or is it the same as the object Identifier listed on the
>Catalog tab within the catalog?

The easiest way to determine the "uid" is probably
to locate the object via a catalog search. You will get a catalog proxy
for the object, often also called "brain".
This proxy has the method "getPath()"
which returns the object's "uid" -- don't ask about the inconsistent
naming (at one place "uid", at another one "path").