On Sunday 31 August 2008 15:10, Andreas Jung wrote:
> --On 31. August 2008 15:01:24 +0100 Garry Saddington
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Is there a way to have two separate zope instances on different machines
> > and  have them both authenticate against one acl_users folder on only one
> > of these  machines?
> By using ZEO?
No because I want to use different ZODB's.
I have a management information system(MIS) used by teachers where the ZODB
does not grow and all data is stored in a Postgres DB. The teachers
authenticate against this machine. The students have an eportfolio system
that runs on a different Zope server where the ZODB grows when students add
work. I would like teachers to be able to log into the MIS and seemlessly
visit the other student machine to grade work. As I have it, I would have to
duplicate the acl_users folder for the teachers to both machines. It is this
duplication that I am trying to do without.