--On 5. September 2008 13:05:23 -0700 David Bear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I would like to test the value of a field entered on a form in a zpt, but
I'm don't know the syntax

basically I would like to do something like this

but this doesn't seem to want to work.

Also, I would like to be able to use the same request object in both my
template and the macro, but my macro doesn's seem to have access to the
same request object.

This statement is likely wrong since the 'request' is always available - and of course there is only 'request' object over the lifetime of a HTTP request.