--On 11. September 2008 09:18:09 -0700 David Bear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks to both Paul and AJ -- both suggestions were helpful. The extended
description Paul gave me below was particularly use.

Here's what I learned:
1) the form object is automagically handed to the template when you do a
'return context.mytemplate(item='something')
2) I assumed that I would have to pass the form object to the template --
but this is not needed. More usefulusefull is that when 'item' is given
to the
template as parameter, shown above, that the template gets a NEW?
namespace called 'options'.  I think this is new to me.

You should really read the ZPT documentation. It tells you about 'options'.

-aj