Marco Bizzarri wrote at 2008-9-20 08:41 +0200:
>I'm working right now with Zope 2.8, which I don't think is running on
>that version of ZODB; is is possible to backport such patch to Zope
>2.8? I'm not asking to do the work, I'm just asking if, in theory, it
>is possible to do it, or if it relies on something which has been
>introduced in new releases of ZODB.

Sure. The proposal is age old -- and we are using the implementation
since years -- also in Zope 2.8.

It is a bit more difficult for me to provide a clean patch for the
feature against a stock Zope 2.8 -- as beside this, we have many
other modications/improvements and it is not easy to separate them.