Nico Grubert wrote at 2008-9-30 11:49 +0200:
>in the last days my Zope server seems to hang and the CPU is almost
>every time at 100 %.

When your CPU is almost at 100 % over an extended period,
then you do not have a typical "hanging" problem but rather
something like a busy loop.

>I installed DeadlockDebugger and see a lot of these entries:
>   File
>line 562, in load
>     self._lock_release()
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/", line 109, in acquire
>     return rc

These entries should not be the one that cause your problems
(they are not computationally expensive).
Do you see other entries as well?

>I am wondering what the last line
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/", line 109, in acquire
>     return rc
>does exactly mean. Are the threads blocked?

It is indeed strange that a "_lock_release" should end in an "acquire".

Delete all "*.pyc" and "*.pyo" files and see whether these peculiarity