Dieter Maurer wrote:
>> Worse yet, if you go to:
>> http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/https/
>> get:
>> ['virtual_hosting', '/something', 'x', 'y', 'z']
>> Anyone got any ideas as to what's going on here?
> It is very strange that you want to define a Python Script as
> root of your site. This use case is simple not supported.

Who said anything about it being the root of a site? ;-)

I guess this wouldn't actually happen if the python script was after the
  vritual host's root...

I actually bumped into this trying to get the antique ZRoundup product
to work on Zope 2.11. The fix wasn't that pretty:

(see the __before_traverse__ hook code)

>   A VHM needs to get control twice -- once to set things up
>   and once to set the virtual root.
>   It ensures to get control the second time by adding additional traversal
>   steps.

I bet repoze's VHM replacement doesn't need this ;-)
I wonder how they do it?