On 15.10.2008 13:16 Uhr, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
hello everybody!

this is a 50%zope and 50%mysql question..hope somebody here will help me..:-)

in PC1: are running a mysql and zope+Plone server. A zsql method imports a csv
file into mysql using a LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE and all runs OK when the file
is in the PC1 filesystem.

I know that "LOCAL" is from the mysql server's point of view, in this
case "LOCAL" should mean "where the mysql client is running" (the zope web
server)

Is there a way to let a remote Plone user (on a remote host) to enter his
local file into the remote mysql server?

I guess that the issue is entirely on the mysql side, but hope that zope will
offer some kind of solution.

Not sure what the background of your question is. According to the docs: LOAD DATA INLINE will read a file from the client host. So you must ensure that the data file is available on the machine where Plone/Zope is running. Where is the problem with that?

-aj
begin:vcard
fn:Andreas Jung
n:Jung;Andreas