+-------[ Peter Bengtsson ]----------------------
| I've kind of work it out. The trick is to write some boiler plate in
| the class definition like this::
|
| from zope import traversing, component, interface
| from zope.interface import implements
| from zope.traversing.interfaces import ITraversable
|
| from Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplateFile import PageTemplateFile
| class MyProduct(Folder):
|
|    implements(ITraversable)
|    component.provideAdapter(
|                 traversing.adapters.DefaultTraversable,
|                             (interface.Interface,),ITraversable)
|
|    meta_type = "bla"
|    page = PageTemplateFile('zpt/foo.pt', globals())
|
|    def render_page(self):
|         html = self.page(self.REQUEST) # ERROR!!

why do you do this double shuffle anyway, when you can directly call
"page" and protect it if necessary...

I certainly don't have the issue you're describing and I don't need to
do all that implements garbage either.

Are you sure you don't have some Product installed that's messing with
it?

--
Andrew Milton
[EMAIL PROTECTED]