Hi All,

Too many people in the Python community think the only way to work with
Excel files in Python is using COM on Windows.

To try and correct this, I'm giving a tutorial at this year's PyCon in
Chicago on Wednesday, 25th March that will cover working with Excel
files in Python using the pure-python libraries xlrd, xlwt and xlutils.

I'll be looking to cover:

- Reading Excel Files

   Including formatting, unicode dates and formulae.

- Writing Excel Files

   Including formatting with easyxf and things like freeze pains, print
   areas, etc

- Filtering Excel Files

   A run through on the structure of xlutils.filter and some examples to
   show you how it works.

- Workshop for your problems

   I'm hoping anyone who attends will get a lot out of this! If you're
   planning on attending and have a particular problem you'd like to work
   on in this part of the tutorial, please drop me an email and I'll try
   and make sure I come prepared!

All you need for the tutorial is a working knowledge of Excel and
Python, with a laptop as an added benefit, and to be at PyCon this year:

http://us.pycon.org

I look forward to seeing you all there!

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk