Le lundi 16 février 2009 à 16:59 +0100, Marco Bizzarri a écrit :
> Hi all.
> A little of background, before.
> I need to run some tasks, inside a zope environment, in a periodic
> way. Even though I could resort to using cron and wget, I do not like
> the solution too much, also because it requires me to rely on
> something completly external to the application to schedule the task
> itsel (I need to update the cron to change how often a job is run...
> ).
> Now, I can see I can run a task using zopectl run + a script. My
> script would therefore be something like:
> while True:
>      do something
>      sleep(for sometime)
> of course, there are dozen of ways to write this in a better way, but
> that is not the problem. My problem is understanding if it is possible
> to run such a script via the zdaemon. Can anyone shred some light on
> this topic?

I don't know if it's the best way, but I've implemented a "cron like"
task base class for my Zope-2.9 instance, which :
 - is thread based
 - can launch operations in a "cron like" way
 - can act as the user of your choice.

It doesn't actually provide any user interface to define task
scheduling, but the main base class could probably be used as a good
starting point ; at least, it works ;-).
I can send you the source code on request...

  Thierry Florac
  Chef de projet intranet/internet
  Office National des Forêts - Département Informatique
  2, Avenue de Saint-Mandé
  75570 PARIS Cedex 12
  Mél : thierry.flo...@onf.fr
  Tél. : +33