On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 7:21 AM, Andreas Jung <li...@zopyx.com> wrote:

>> Hi.  I am migrating a Web application from Zope 2.7.8 to 2.10.7.
>> I noticed the format of acl_users has changed (the format of
>> acl_users' exported XML file is different).
> Did you try the .zexp export?

No.  Ideally I would combine the acl_users from the old server
(existing, production system) with the acl_users form the new server
(test), so that we can do a full test involving both the existing user
accounts and the new user accounts.

I thought I would handle this by combining the XML files and then
importing the result, to replace acl_users on the
 new server... BUT I paused when I saw the XML formats were different.

I was also afraid I'd break the new server by export / import using
the zexp format; knowing the XML format changed, I assumed the zexp
contents for acl_users would be different as well, but maybe that was
a false assumption..  I am new to Zope by the way and appreciate your