On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 04:55 +0200, Andreas Jung wrote:

> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=python+excel
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=search&term=excel&submit=search
Thanks a lot, but I don't use, promote or recommend proprietory
standards, so Open office is what I am looking for integrating
> > I know there is a python library called odfpy which can fill up
> > spreadsheets with data, but I don't know whether similar things are
> > possible with zope.
> >

> Why shouldn't that work?! Zope 2, Zope 3 and Grok allow you to import
> almost any Python package (as long as it makes sense). So where is the
> problem?
But I read that zope has some kind of restricted python.
So will odfpy integrate?
Further more, I would like to create my application as a self containing
package like the plone installer which also installs python, zope and
other dependencies.

So I really don't know if odfpy will work.
Or for that matter any library.  May be I am asking this because I am
very new to all this,
happy hacking.