Tres Seaver <tsea...@...> writes:
> Sean Fulmer wrote:
> > I've checked my authentication in both browsers, and they are the same.
> >
> > SiteRoot does appear in the Add menu in Safari, and I'm able to add one
> > with no complaints from Zope.
> >
> > I should mention that I have no problems setting my VHM mappings, eg I can
> > manually navigate to in
> > Safari 4 and set the mappings. It's just that virtual_hosting/manage_main
> > does not present the link, eg:
> >
> > manage_main:
> >

> > When I do go to manage_edit directly, the Mappings tab *does* appear:
> >
> Can you figure out whether Safari4 is avoiding sending credentials for some
> reason?  E.g., add an external method like so:
>   def show_auth(self, REQUEST): """ Figure out if credentials are present in
>   the request.  """ name_pw = REQUEST._authUserPW() if name_pw is None:
>   print 'NO CREDENTIALS' else: print 'Found credentials for user: %s' % name

I think you nailed it - if I use that code in an external method. Safari
returns 'NO CREDENTIALS', and other browsers hit the 'else' branch.

> Also, see Chris McDonough's report of a similar issue with Safari 3:

That does seem to be related - in fact, I've just found that if I use my ZMI
auth credentials to log into the Plone site, the 'Mappings' tab of the VHM
starts working again... but the external method still returns 'NO CREDENTIALS'

I'm still interested in the "just me?" aspect of this - has anybody else
noticed this in Safari 4?