Hi all,

I am are using ZServer/Medusa for FTP-Uploads to our ZODB. This works for
smaller files, but the above error appears in instance.log, when using a ~5 GB

There's probably nothing I can do about it, as it's an internal python
marshalling limit. Or would there be a way to make uploading big files work?

This is the complete error message from instance.log:

2009-12-04T12:34:49 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog
Traceback (innermost last):
  Module webdav.NullResource, line 167, in PUT
  Module Products.Archetypes.WebDAVSupport, line 116, in PUT
  Module Products.Archetypes.utils, line 160, in mapply
  Module Products.Marshall.marshaller, line 99, in demarshall
OverflowError: requested number of bytes is more than a Python string can hold
2009-12-04T12:34:57 ERROR ZServer uncaptured python exception, closing channel
<ZServer.FTPServer.zope_ftp_channel connected at 0x1e5c6a70>
(socket.error:(9, 'Bad file descriptor')

Best Regards,