Something like:

<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('signumfix2', signum[0:1] +
_.str(_.int(signum[1:4])+1)">

won’t work because you will turn B006 into B7

If you want to retain the leading zeros you will need to pad them.

As Andreas said, this would be better done using a python script (which you
can call from dtml you don’t have to use zpt).

Jonathan