From: zope-boun...@zope.org [mailto:zope-boun...@zope.org] On Behalf Of Ebbe
Kvist
Sent: Friday, August 13, 2010 11:17 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] string formatting

Hi all,

I want to process a variable, signum2, which is picked up from a MySQL
database. The content of the variable is
"B006".
The aim is to process this variable so the result will be
"B007" and it will then be saved as part of a new record in the database.
The core process is to increment the integer part of the variable "006" with 1.

I have successfully done this incrementation but I have not been able to create
a new
correct content for the new varable new_xyz.

<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('signumfix2',signum2[1:4])">
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('signumfix2', _.int(signumfix2)+1)">

How can I from here create the correct content of the new variable? I need to
bring the "B" part
with me and then the incremented integer part formatted with two preceeding
zeroes. Does anyone know?

Best regards,

Ebbe Kvist
Stockholm