I have recently inherited the responsibility of supporting a fairly complex web
server running Zope 2.8.6 on Python 2.3.5. This configuration is currently on a
Linux (Fedora Core) server and I would like very much to migrate to OS X Server
Snow Leopard. It also seems to me that I should consider upgrading Zope to a
more current release while I'm at it. We heavily use MySQL and associated
products, LocalFS, and the Python Imagining Library. We have a variety of
ZClass homegrown products as well.

I know that I'm in for a headache no matter what, but I wonder if any of you
folks could point me in the right direction or offer advice on the situation.
Is it crazy to jump from 2.8.6 to 2.12? Does anyone use OS X Server for Zope?
Is this migration a mistake? Any pitfalls I should be looking out for?

Many thanks,