On Saturday 08 January 2011, Tres Seaver wrote:
> On 01/08/2011 05:58 AM, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> > On 1/7/11 22:28 , William Heymann wrote:
> >> I have a monkey patch here that I would like comments on it and to see
> >> how it works for others.
> >
> > Hi William,
> >
> > A huge monkey patch like that makes it very hard to compare it with the
> > original implementation and see the actual changes. You could help the
> > review *greatly* by providing a diff to the original implementation
> > instead, and post that to the Zope bug tracker on Launchpad:
> >
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope2
>
> The developer docs help explain how to create such a patch as a
> non-committer:  in particular:
>
>  http://docs.zope.org/developer/noncommitter-svn.html
>
> shows how to use SVN to generate the patch without needing write access.
>

> Tres.

I wasn't sure what I should call the bug or even what severity to give it so
for now I have put the patch at.

https://github.com/Immudzen/MonkeyOFSImageFile/blob/master/blobpatch

It is a diff to zope 2.13 checkout from svn and the diff was generated
according to the link provided.

This monkey patch is probably not suitable to be directly merged into zope
though because I removed a lot of the pdata support. It can still serve pdata
structures just not write them anymore since that did not seem important
anymore but would need to be for a real patch to zope itself.

For my own usage I just needed to convert everything to blobs since that
provided some very nice gains. If this is useful to others though I am willing
to put in the work to make it a real patch to zope that would preserve the
pdata stuff if needed.