On 07/15/2011 09:28 AM, Chris Withers wrote:
> On 09/07/2011 00:21, Fernando Martins wrote:
>> I installed zope 2.13.8 per instructions on
>> http://docs.zope.org/zope2/releases/2.13/INSTALL-buildout.html
> Which bit?
Well, as a general feedback, the documentation needs some sorting out:
the install page linked from the downloads

recommends virtualenv, which was my first attempt. I ignored a link
there for buildout because "buildout" meant nothing to me.

Then someone recommended buildout as the mainstream (not mentioned in
the docs as the recommended practice) and I went to:

where I followed the first procedure there which is the standalone Zope
with buildout.

None of these worked for me to install ZSQL Methods. I am able to
install the egg in zopepy, but then Zope does not recognise the Product.
Some configuration is needed in Zope I guess, which I have not figured
out yet. The main issue is the Shared.DC.ZRDB code, which is node a
Product in itself. I can install other (simpler) Products.

The last option, "Creating a buildout-based Zope instance" leads to full
mixing code with data which doesn't appeal me much, but feedback like
yours is pushing in this direction.

I have come across a problem though. My server is not connected to the
Internet and I need to use buildout in offline mode, as indicated here:

What would be the most effective way to prepare an offline set of eggs,
without missing eggs? Using buildout in a connected computer and then
copy the eggs from there I guess?  And what about recipes?

I will not be able to work on this for the next two weeks, but I would
still appreciate feedback on offline installation and if possible how to
setup Shared.DC.ZRDB in a standalone Zope setup.

> eggs is a key of the [instance] section, not the [buildout] section.
Yeah, I was just following wrong or misleading instructions somewhere :(