Chris,

I purged the database of its transactions and took the data.fs as a whole from the old zope to the new. This installed properly. Only one product was missing (coreblog). This appears to have caused the problem. When I removed this from the .zexp file there was no problem importing the file. Like some other products from the old version this probably needs to be reinstalled in the new manner (I installed a new zsql methods product from pypi with easy_install).

Thanks, anyway.

Henk

this is the traceback of the original error:

Traceback (innermost last):
  Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 619, in manage_importObject
  Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 637, in _importObjectFromFile
  Module ZODB.ExportImport, line 92, in importFile
  Module transaction._transaction, line 253, in savepoint
  Module transaction._transaction, line 250, in savepoint
  Module transaction._transaction, line 647, in __init__
  Module ZODB.Connection, line 1104, in savepoint
  Module ZODB.Connection, line 564, in _commit
  Module ZODB.ExportImport, line 175, in _importDuringCommit
  Module None, line 22, in<module>
  Module None, line 57, in<module>
  Module None, line 44, in<module>
  Module None, line 38, in<module>