From: "Thierry Florac" <thierry.flo...@onf.fr>
To: "sathya" <pyt...@zeomega.com>
Cc: "zope" <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 9, 2012 2:58:02 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] enhancements to RAM cache manager product
>Hi,

>I used RAM cache a while a few months ago on a Zope (3.3.1) install
>with a ZEO context and didn't notice any problem ; and as far as I
>know, I don't see any link between them, as cached data is stored in
>memory and not in the ZEO database.

Thierry thanks for your response. Yes I meant that the cache is local to a node
 and not visible to the cluster
moving to central storage like memcached is what we are looking for.

>Actually, I switched to memcached to be able to share cache data (as
>well as sessions data) between several front-ends. This required just a
>small interface and two adapters (one to work with a RAM cache and
>another one to work with memcached).

>No problem for me to share experience if you want to work on a
>dedicated package.

Ok thank you. Maybe we can build a product that is released to the community.

--
  Chef de projets internet/intranet
  Office National des Forêts

  Tél. : 01 40 19 59 64