Am 06.03.2012 09:02, schrieb Lennart Regebro:
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 19:22, Sean Upton <sdup...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 7:12 AM, Jürgen Herrmann
<juergen.herrm...@xlhost.de> wrote:
hi all!

is it possible to change permissions and roles on classes/methods
at runtime? normally you'd attach security declarations inline in
your class definition code:

I don't off-hand know why just monkey-patching the security attribute of your class and then calling InitializeClass() again would not work,
but the idea of changing these at runtime after initial zope startup
sounds a bit odd, possibly dangerous.  What is it that you are trying
to do?

When I needed this to be dynamic I simply did not have any security
declaration and instead tested the permissions the first thing I did
in the method. That worked fine. It is however probably ten years ago,
and I don't remember or have the code. But it was quite simple, I
think.

//Lennart

Since a long time i have a mechanism in place that scans class-specific
directories for page templates, dtml files, images, sql-methods etc.
and attaches these to the classes. up to now i did mark everything as
protected, with a fixed permission, worked fine for my purposes.

now i had a use case where i need to mark some templates and methods
as public because they use an internal authentication.

best regards, jürgen
--
XLhost.de ® - Webhosting von supersmall bis eXtra Large <<

XLhost.de GmbH
Jürgen Herrmann, Geschäftsführer
Boelckestrasse 21, 93051 Regensburg, Germany

Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Herrmann
Registriert unter: HRB9918
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE245931218

Fon:  +49 (0)800 XLHOSTDE [0800 95467833]
Fax:  +49 (0)800 95467830
Web:  http://www.XLhost.de