Hi!

 I've an Zope application, basically postgres + zpt.

The postgres db has been upgraded to 8.5, the data inside is utf-8 (dumped and checkd it), the pg adapeter is the latest, and the "*Z Psycopg 2 Database Connection" is configured to use utf-8.* Zope is 2.12.20 + latest security fix.

 When I try to do:

Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 361, in _bindAndExec
  Module Products.PageTemplates.ZopePageTemplate, line 335, in _exec
  Module Products.PageTemplates.ZopePageTemplate, line 432, in pt_render
  Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 80, in pt_render
  Module zope.pagetemplate.pagetemplate, line 113, in pt_render
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 271, in __call__
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 343, in interpret
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 888, in do_useMacro
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 343, in interpret
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 946, in do_defineSlot
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 343, in interpret
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 533, in do_optTag_tal
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 518, in do_optTag
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 513, in no_tag
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 343, in interpret
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 821, in do_loop_tal
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 343, in interpret
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 821, in do_loop_tal
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 343, in interpret
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 852, in do_condition
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 343, in interpret
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 376, in do_startEndTag
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 405, in do_startTag
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 502, in attrAction_tal
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 38: ordinal not in range(128)

if I do:

I've several zpt to fix, and I would like it to work as it should. My analisys is that result['column'] is seen as a plain string with \xx characters inside, and decode just transform it in something that Zope recognize as utf-8 when it prints it.

Anyway, any idea?