I just wrote a blog post[1] about getting a browser view class configured so that the content actions dropdown (the Actions... Add... Display.. State... etc menu) display.

I mention two ways of doing this in my post, but after reading Martin Aspeli's comment, I think the ZCML approach is the most sound.

Anyway, I was thinking that it may be a useful addition to the addcontent view template. It would be a question like "Should this view display the content actions menu", and then it would drop in the necessary ZCML to make it happen.

There are ramifications to adding this, but I don't think it's intuitive enough to figure out how to make this happen on your own (it took me months of casual poking and half a day of actual research once I figured out where to look). And I think it's a pretty common use case.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
JJ

[1]