On 3/11/2010 7:53 PM, Josh Johnson wrote:
There are ramifications to adding this, but I don't think it's intuitive enough to figure out how to make this happen on your own (it took me months of casual poking and half a day of actual research once I figured out where to look). And I think it's a pretty common use case.

If it helps someone avoid what you went through, that's what we're trying to do. With ZopeSkel, we're in the business of pain removal.

You can make the default answer to "Should this view display the content actions menu" be "No" and it will generate the same thing as before, so no one should complain.

But I think most people are expecting to see the content actions menu and will wonder what happened when it is not there. So this gives most of us a way to at least get what we expect, even if we have to answer in the affirmative for a question which wasn't there before.

Great blog post, BTW.

Chris Calloway
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530