On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Chris Calloway <c...@unc.edu> wrote:

> On 3/15/2010 7:33 PM, Maurits van Rees wrote:
>
>> As for this issue, I do not use the --svn-repository argument myself; when
>> you create a package, paster creates that egg-info directory and this will
>> also end up in subversion, which should never be the case.
>>

> Good point.
>
> We may need to rethink the use of --svn-repository option.
>
> It may need (in verbose mode only?):
>
> a) a warning that it checks in egg-info (and why that is bad),
> b) a check to see if the template is for anything other than an egg (and
> take appropriate action).
>
> If I may play devil's advocate here, isn't the very idea that zopeskel
would do your svn checkin for you a bit overwrought?  Is it so hard to run
the template and then do svn add?  The easiest features to support are the
features you don't have, and with a feature like this it's going to be
especially hard to get right because different users are going to have
different expectations.  I would, for example, consider anything that tried
to check in .egg-info to be broken.  I would argue that maybe the right
choice is to drop this feature altogether and assume users can handle their
own source control.

Chris