I think we will find going forward that this is absolutely the case.  I'm just
not really willing to make that jump yet.  If there are those out there who
feel confident enough to start working on a branch of zopeskel without the
paster dependency, I'd certainly welcome it, but I'm not confident enough in my
python-fu to take that on quite yet :)