On Apr 13, 2010, at 9:41 AM, Matthew Wilkes wrote:

> On 2010-04-13, at 1702, Cristopher Ewing wrote:
>
>> Would there be any objections to implementing his fix by adding pastescript
>> and zopeskel to the eggs list for all the standard plone buildout templates
>> in zopeskel?  I think it'd really help a lot.
>
> Yeah, that's not a fix, it's a workaround.  install_requires should not need
> to be satisfied for anything ZopeSkel needs, only setup_requires should.
>
> Matt

the semantics of fix vs. workaround aside, given that the problem here is in
paster and not in zopeskel itself, do you object to putting the proposed code
into zopeskel's buildout templates?  Or am I missing something here?  Is there
a better way, limited to the zopeskel code base, that we can avoid this problem
for end-users?

Cris Ewing
Webmaster, Lead Developer
Department of Radiology Web Services