On Sep 30, 2010, at 4:12 PM, Nate Aune wrote:

> Would also like to see the plone hosting stuff get integrated at some point -
> its just sitting in a branch right now. Happy to help when needed.
>
> yes, i have a huge guilt yoke hanging over my head for not getting these
> things merged back into the ZopeSkel trunk after the Plone Symposium East
> sprint.
>
> if we don't get to it before the PloneConf, do you guys want to make sure we
> prioritize to get this done at the sprint?
>
> Nate

I'm not going to be able to make it to PloneConf, but I do plan on starting the
refactoring of zopeskel into smaller packages in the next few days.  Hopefully,
this will be mostly done by the time PloneConf starts, and we'll be able to
release the refactored version as ZopeSkel 3.0!

If you've got questions about the refactoring, see SPLITTING_PROPOSAL.txt in
the zopeskel trunk.  It lays out the rational and plan for this work in detail.
 The only question that remains unresolved is that of which repository to use.
I'm hoping to be able to punt on that question for a little while yet.

Cris Ewing
Webmaster, Lead Developer
Department of Radiology Web Services
University of Washington