2010/10/1 Cristopher Ewing <cew...@u.washington.edu>

> On Sep 30, 2010, at 1:45 PM, Elizabeth Leddy wrote:
>

>  On 9/30/10 11:50 AM, Cristopher Ewing wrote:
>> > Greetings, all.
>> >
>> > Today we release ZopeSkel 2.18, a bugfix release to the venerable code
>> generation tool for Zope and Plone.
>> >
>> > In this release:
>> >
>> > • fix for http://plone.org/products/zopeskel/issues/48, bin/zopeskel
>> --version now reports current version number
>> > • fix for http://plone.org/products/zopeskel/issues/46, profile
>> directory now properly created
>> > • fix for http://plone.org/products/zopeskel/issues/44, portlet titles
>> now correctly internationalized in plone domain.
>> > • we now use plone 3.3.5 as the default plone version for
>> plone3_buildout
>> I think we should either make it use 4.0, create a separate
>> plone4_buildout, or rename plone3_buildout to plone_buildout
>>

> Would also like to see the plone hosting stuff get integrated at some point
> - its just sitting in a branch right now. Happy to help when needed.
>
> Liz
>
> Liz,
>
> My next step is to begin the great break-up of zopeskel.  This means
> breaking the current, monolithic package into a series of smaller packages
> (zopeskel.core, zopeskel.zope, zopeskel.plone, etc). This would be the
> perfect time to bring both the new zopeskel.hosting and zopeskel.dexterity
> packages into the fold.

+1

And if we do this, I'd like to be able to install + use templates that
*don't* install the local command support. The extra paster dependencies in
setup.py cause problems (buildout downloads them into the development
distribution directory itself, and there's no offline support, for example).

Martin